This posting is for a temporary part-time student position for a Student Research Assistant working out of the East Kootenays.
The Rural Development Institute (RDI) is a regional research center that provides information and research to Columbia-Basin Boundary communities to support decision making and planning initiatives. The RDI leads various projects that focus on topics such as social demography, cultural activity, the environment, the local economy, housing, tourism, disaster resiliency and much more. As a member of the RDI team you will support projects by demonstrating organizational skills, managing time on multiple projects simultaneously, working with and analyzing large quantities of data, and editing documents.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills including use of Word, Excel, databases, e-mail, and the internet
- Demonstrated interest in participating in scholarly and applied research work
- Self-motivated and able to complete projects and tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Experience working with community and/or industry partners is an asset
- Must own a vehicle and a computer and be willing to work remotely and commute to meetings as necessary
Review of applications will begin on February 7th, 2020
This position will be compensated at $20/hr + 4% in lieu of vacation.
Please submit applications or direct questions to Adela Kincaid, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org