As one of BC’s smallest municipalities in both population and area, the Village of Silverton is located on Highway 6, south of New Denver on the eastern shore of Slocan Lake. It’s history dates back to the accidental discovery of a rich outcrop of galena in 1890. In the height of the silver boom Silverton (incorporated May 6, 1930) experienced the rapid development of six hotels, three general stores, a school, and telephone communications. Today, Silverton is known for its galleries, lakeshore campground and cabins, recreational activities, and historical attractions, including its Historical Interpretive Centre. See www.silverton.ca.
View Employment Lands Analysis Report:
View Community Profile:
View Business Retention and Expansion Report: